Director of Owner and Partner Engagement
People Power Solar Cooperative is seeking staff to direct the engagement and support of People Power’s Owners and partners. A successful staff member will be able to effectively design programs that engage with Owners over the topics of community-owned energy, energy democracy, and environmental justice, and be able to transform that engagement into feedback and direction for the Cooperative. This person will work closely with People Power’s Worker Owners to plan regular events and communications with People Power Owners and strategic partners.
Could that person be you? We want to hear from you!
If you're interested, please fill out the form at the "Apply Here" below! We will begin interviewing as soon as we receive your response. You will be asked to start ASAP, accommodating your personal schedule & needs.
[this position was posted on May 17, 2021]
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- 🐝 Posting content on People Power’s Mighty Networks site (news, Owner updates, political action updates, etc.)
- 🐝 Designing, drafting, and sending weekly newsletters
- 🐝 General administrative support, including understanding insurance and workplace compliance requirements for a California cooperative corporation
- 🐝 Troubleshooting tech tools to ensure high quality of Owner experience and managing new Owner intake and shares
- 🐝 Welcoming new People Power Owners with a welcome letter
- 🐝 Assisting People Power staff with facilitating workshops and presentations that engage with People Power Owners and partners
- 🐝 Signing onto petitions and sending out letters of support
- 🐝 Copy editing on materials the Cooperative provides for Owners and partners.
- 🐝 Coordinating with Project Groups and partners on tasks surrounding subscriber recruitment or community organizing for projects
- 🐝 Assisting the Worker Director in preparing for quarterly Board/Owl Meetings
- 🐝 Directing the organization of People Power’s Annual Owner Meeting
- 🐝 Familiarizing yourself with the technical details of solar and storage developmen
- ✊ Reside in California
- ✊ Clear, fun, and empathetic communication skills
- ✊ Demonstrated experience in community organizing and/or program administration
- ✊ Demonstrated understanding of environmental justice, Just Transition work, and Cooperative Principles. Understanding of energy democracy a plus.
- ✊ Fluency in Spanish a plus
- ✊ Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, or similar technologies
- ✊ Comfortable with video-conferencing software like Zoom or Google Meet
- ✊ Alignment with People Power’s Commitment to a Just Transition, as outlined in our Bylaws
This position is a W-2 position within People Power Solar Cooperative, including Workers’ Comp and Disability Policies. The Cooperative has a culture supportive of self care and time off with a “free time off” vacation policy. No employee health plan is currently offered.
This person would have the agency to define their formal job title, with feedback from People Power Staff. Compensation will start at $60,000/year (equal to other People Power staff), and will adhere to the rules around fair and equitable compensation laid out in page 41 of our Bylaws.
After working with People Power for a minimum of 500 hours over the course of at least 12 months, this person will be eligible to become a voting Worker Owner of People Power Solar Cooperative. For more information, please see our Bylaws.